Monday, February 3, 2014

Countdown to Sochi 2014: Monday

image: guardianlv.com

The Olympics are my favorite televised event every two years (there is a two-year gap between the summer and winter Olympics). I am very excited to watch the Winter Olympics on Thursday, but even more thrilled for the Opening Ceremony on Friday. I will be blogging all about the Winter Olympics here on the Informed Artist.
app: Countdown

I have been counting down to the Sochi Winter Olympics since November, so I am obviously a little (okay, maybe a lot) obsessed. Here is a screenshot from my iPhone of my countdown that I check daily. I also have a countdown on my dry erase board by my desk (but that started when the countdown got to ten days). In case you were wondering, I set the countdown to the air time of the Opening Ceremony, not the early-start events on Thursday.

Now, I do have to admit that I like the Summer Olympics more (coming from a competitive swimming/water polo/synchronized swimming background), but I think the Olympics are just great! I love how they bring the world together in such a unique way. To me, the Olympics are a celebration of diversity as well as of great athletes!

Stay tuned to my blog this week for the continuation of my countdown and for my Winter Olympic-related posts to come!
--The Informed Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment