Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Countdown to Sochi 2014: Wednesday

image: guardianlv.com

It's another late night for posting! All of this studying makes blogging difficult! However, I am here now, and must get this done before I should be writing "Countdown to Sochi 2014: Thursday." Tonight, I am going to give a little information about the early-start games that take place tomorrow, before the Games officially begin.

But first things first, here's a look at my Olympic countdown now:
app: Countdown
The Winter Olympic Games begin in less than two days now! I am getting really excited and am already planning my weekend around it!

So, back to my task: the events taking place tomorrow (Thursday).*
*This information is coming from NBC, so if it does not match your listings, just check out your Olympic television provider.


Beginning at 1:00 a.m. E.T., Men's qualifying Snowboard Slopestyle will take place.
According to an article on NBC OlympicTalk by reporter Nick Zaccardi, Shaun White has dropped out of this first event because of injury risk. White is also hoping for a win on Tuesday on the half pipe, so it is best for him to avoid the risk of injury so early in the Games.
At 4:00 a.m. E.T., the women will take to the slopes in their qualifying Snowboard Slopestyle.

image: www.wallpaperdownloader.com
Women's moguls (qualifiying) begin at 9:00 a.m. E.T.
Moguls are also known as the freestyle skiing event! This one will be fun to watch and to keep an eye out for which women you want to follow through the games.
image: www.bbc.co.uk

You don't want to miss the event at 10:30 a.m. E.T. (and sadly, I will because I have class). It is the debut of the Figure Skating Team event! At this time, it will be men's and short program. This is exciting for any Olympics fan because a new event is something to follow and talk about!

I will have a complete profile of this event and all of the new events at a different time during my olympic coverage.

Come back tomorrow to see my next update to the Countdown to Sochi 2014! I will be bringing you a look at the medals and the special look of the Sochi Winter Olympics.
--The Informed Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment