Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Countdown to Sochi 2014: Tuesday

image: guardianlv.com
Its the Tuesday before the Opening Ceremony of the Winter Olympics! It is almost here and I am all set to tune in! Here is my countdown from the time when I was writing this post:
app: Countdown
I cannot wait! The Olympics will be here in about four days! I have been starting my app collection to stay updated on the games, and that will come at a later post, so stay tuned.

Today, I am going to share the weather in Sochi (since I am now following that too). I figured the weather would be appropriate for today because I weather anchored for my campus news station and I have a geography test (so why not continue the theme?).

I added Sochi to my "favorites" on my Weather Channel app, so now I have access to the Olympic weather at a tap and swipe of my finger. Here's what it looks like tonight:
app: The Weather Channel
In case you were wondering where Sochi is actually located, look at the map below:
image: thenewdaily.com.au

Sochi is located on the Black Sea right near the border of Georgia (the country, that is). I did not realize where it was until today, so that is cool to learn! 

A little geography tidbit: Sochi is located at 43.5853° N, 39.7203° E (latitude and longitude)

Here is a prettier version of Russia: It takes the patchwork-quilt design used in the Games' identity and places it over Russia! I think the design is stunning in itself, but I love how it plays to make a "quilt" to join all of Russia together for the Olympic Games.
image: www.thequiltshow.com
So that is all for today, I now have to go back to studying, but stay tuned for even more Olympic-related posts to come!
--The Informed Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment